4.12.User state migration (USMT)
- USMT provides the following benefits to businesses that are deploying Windows operating systems:
- Safely migrates user accounts, operating system and application settings.
- Lowers the cost of deploying Windows by preserving user state.
- Reduces end-user downtime required to customize desktops and find missing files.
- Reduces help-desk calls.
- Reduces the time needed for the user to become familiar with the new operating system.
- Increases employee satisfaction with the migration experience.
Note: Support for the User State Migration Tool (USMT) will not be provided by sccmtspsi. The User State Migration Tool (USMT) is packaged into the winPE image just for your convenience.
All USMT configuration files are located or should be place within the “usmt” directory under the Realm configuration directory. In the below image “r01” is the Realm name.