SCCM client is a client software installed or pushed to computers (end points) so as to manage them using Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager.
Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, formerly System Center Configuration Manager and Systems Management Server is a systems management software product developed by Microsoft for managing large … Wikipedia
A new version of the SCCM Client is either automatically or manually installed whenever the SCCM server application version is upgraded. SCCM infrastructure has the ability to automatically upgrade the clients to either the pre-production version or the production version. SCCM client can be installed or re-installed using the following methods.
- Client push Installation. Automatic client push or pushing clients directly to a Computer object or a collection of computer objects.
- Using Microsoft Intune.
- Using Software Update point.
- By using third party tools like Client Center for Configuration Manager or Right click tools for the SCCM console.
All of the above methods are very effective in their own right. But when it come to a disaster recovery scenario they fall a little short.
osd365 can help package the SCCM client application in ways that would make the re-installation of the SCCM client more robust during a disaster recovery scenarios.
osd365 | Global application packaging services
Application packaging plays a vital role in efficiently managing software deployments within organizations.
Application packaging minimizes cost and improves System efficiency during and after deployment of the software to the System.
osd365 application packaging services provides the following advantages.
- Custom osd365 uninstall codes : This helps organizations identify and uninstall software installed outside of the purview of the organizations software management systems.
- Desktop shortcuts : If not directed otherwise, desktop shortcuts will not be installed.
- Silent : If not directed otherwise, all our installation processes are silent.
Note : Some software vendors do not make their software available to the public domain. In such cases, you have to download and provide the software and the appropriate licenses.