7-Zip is a free and open-source file archiver, a utility used to place groups of files within compressed containers known as “archives”. It is developed by Igor Pavlov and was first released in 1999. 7-Zip uses its own 7z archive format, but can read and write several other archive formats. Wikipedia
7-Zip is free software with open source. The most of the code is under the GNU LGPL license. Some parts of the code are under the BSD 3-clause License. Also there is unRAR license restriction for some parts of the code. Read 7-Zip License information.
You can use 7-Zip on any computer, including a computer in a commercial organization. You don’t need to register or pay for 7-Zip.
- High compression ratio in 7z format with LZMA and LZMA2 compression
- Supported formats:
- Packing / unpacking: 7z, XZ, BZIP2, GZIP, TAR, ZIP and WIM
- Unpacking only: AR, ARJ, CAB, CHM, CPIO, CramFS, DMG, EXT, FAT, GPT, HFS, IHEX, ISO, LZH, LZMA, MBR, MSI, NSIS, NTFS, QCOW2, RAR, RPM, SquashFS, UDF, UEFI, VDI, VHD, VMDK, WIM, XAR and Z.
- For ZIP and GZIP formats, 7-Zip provides a compression ratio that is 2-10 % better than the ratio provided by PKZip and WinZip
- Strong AES-256 encryption in 7z and ZIP formats
- Self-extracting capability for 7z format
- Integration with Windows Shell
- Powerful File Manager
- Powerful command line version
- Plugin for FAR Manager
- Localizations for 87 languages
7-Zip works in Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP / 2016 / 2012 / 2008 / 2003 / 2000 / NT.
7Zip has been reported to be the most popular file achieving software in the Asia Pacific region.
osd365 | Global application packaging services
Application packaging plays a vital role in efficiently managing software deployments within organizations.
Application packaging minimizes cost and improves System efficiency during and after deployment of the software to the System.
osd365 application packaging services provides the following advantages.
- Custom osd365 uninstall codes : This helps organizations identify and uninstall software installed outside of the purview of the organizations software management systems.
- Desktop shortcuts : If not directed otherwise, desktop shortcuts will not be installed.
- Silent : If not directed otherwise, all our installation processes are silent.
Note : Some software vendors do not make their software available to the public domain. In such cases, you have to download and provide the software and the appropriate licenses.